UPDATED June 2016
This is actually quite an easy thing to do, but not many people know it’s possible.
Within 10 minutes of entering the park, you could be holding 2 FASTPASSES and a lot of your day will be set up.
OR……you could be holding 3 if you want to see Frozen – Live at the Hyperion Theater. Check out my post, Frozen – Live at the Hyperion + How to Meet Anna and Elsa, if you’re interested. The 3 FASTPASSES in 10 minutes are possible if you skip meeting Anna and Elsa in the plan designed in that post.
Follow these steps to make it happen.
For the basic 2 FASTPASSES, follow this plan:
Always arrive well before the slated opening time. Meaning, if the park is supposed to open at 8:00am, be there between 7 and 7:30am. The park will often let guests onto Buena Vista Street 30 minutes prior to opening.
Have this map saved to your phone so you know how to navigate the park. As with all FASTPASSES, I recommend one person in your group be in charge of them. One person should hold theme park tickets because you will need the tickets to pull FASTPASSES. Allowing everyone to hold his or her own can cause confusion and you’ll risk losing some – especially if kids are holding their tickets. Everyone in your party will need to be present and in the park, but they do not have to be present to pull FASTPASSES. Have one adult stay with kids somewhere and have another adult pull passes.
First is Radiator Springs Racers (RSR).
Go here to get your FASTPASS. There will likely be a line. Get in line – it moves quickly.
Note: RSR FASTPASSES are not distributed until official park opening, so if you have Magic Morning, I recommend visiting other attractions until it’s time to grab RSR. Keep an eye on the line (which forms near It’s Tough To Be a Bug Theatre) and feel free to get in line if it looks like it’s building.
Next, walk into the Grizzly Peak Airfield for your World of Color return ticket.
Look for this sign:
By this time, you could be holding two FASTPASSES and your morning should be set up. If you are interested in seeing Anna Elsa, go there next. The lines are thickening for this meet-n-greet and will only continue to grow. Find more in my Frozen Fun post before visiting if this is of interest to you.
Also consider going to Toy Story Mania as soon as possible. This line builds quickly and has no FASTPASS. You do NOT want to be in this line mid-day, especially if it’s warm. Check the map, above, for how to get to Toy Story Mania shortly after grabbing FASTPASSES for RSR and World of Color. IF you somehow happen to get in that line later in the day, I recommend only doing so with a glass of wine or Xanax. Your patience will be tested.
While waiting for your first FASTPASS ride, RSR, enjoy Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree in Cars Land, Ariel’s Undersea Adventure on Paradise Pier and anything in A Bug’s Land.
- If you are staying at the Grand Californian, grab World of Color on your way in so that you don’t have to backtrack. The machines for World of Color are near the Grand’s direct access entrance to the park.
- Don’t actually run from one location to the other. You can walk quickly and accomplish all of this within about 10 minutes. The day I tested this out and photographed it was a Saturday in June. So, even at peak times, it works.
- Radiator Springs Racers is the most popular ride in the park. If you don’t care for it, choose another attraction to take its place.
- General FASTPASS information can be found in a previous post.
- If you have a “runner” that is going to grab passes, take kids to Monsters Inc to see if they’re “opening” the attraction with the scream contest. This is an easy way to keep kids busy and have fun while others are doing the work. Find out more about that in a previous post.
As always, leave me a comment with any questions you have!
|Tickets I recommend (read why)|
Enter code DLRPS at checkout to save an additional $2 on each ticket.